Tag Archives: Mansion

Candace Bridal Session at the Historical Frank Bell House • Flint Texas

2014_bridals-203 2014_bridals-1 2014_bridals-127
2014_bridals-204 bridals-294 2014_bridals-52-1 2014_bridals-453-2 2014_bridals-195 bridals-278 2014_bridals-9bridals-568-1 2014_bridals-215 2014_bridals-15 2014_bridals-17 2014_bridals-19 2014_bridals-22 2014_bridals-64 2014_bridals-67 2014_bridals-70 2014_bridals-84 2014_bridals-86 2014_bridals-109 2014_bridals-155 2014_bridals-163 2014_bridals-187 2014_bridals-208 2014_bridals-218 2014_bridals-220 2014_bridals-227 2014_bridals-248 2014_bridals-346 2014_bridals-402 2014_bridals-413 2014_bridals-421 2014_bridals-428 2014_bridals-450 2014_bridals-487 2014_bridals-495 2014_bridals-547-1 2014_bridals-632 bridals-77 bridals-232 bridals-251

Frank and Sarah (Swann) Bell, descendants of 1850s East Texas pioneers, built this classical revival house in Tyler in 1900. Bell owned and operated a store and a farm. The couple had eight children. One son, Frank M. Bell, served 1942-66 as postmaster of Tyler. Banker-civic leader Henry Marsh Bell, another son, inherited the house. It remained in his family until 1960. Threatened with destruction, it was moved here in 1974 and restored. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1978 Incise on base: Restored by the R. Randall Cape Family • Tyler, Texas  • Smith County